Tuesday, April 8, 2008

babies?

So I am turning 30 in a few months and feel no closer to having a decision in the baby dept. than I did 5 years ago. Surely turning 30 would kick me into gear. Surely by 30 I would have a few kids by now. And surely, I am turning 30 and don't know if I want a baby. People have kids for all kinds of reasons. Some have dreamt about kids their whole lives. Some want a little person to resemble them or their spouse. Some want kids to quench the loneliness and then have someone to take care of them when they are older. And some just jump into mommyhood without any what, where or how. I've been told that I will regret not having kids later in life. Yet, do I want a baby 'just in case'? That doesn't feel quite right either. And I am surprisingly content. I love my job, my life, my husband. Is that selfish? Is it ok to not? Or, is it ok to have a child when you are not sure if you want to?

1 comment:

Kara said...

thanks for sharing...it is fun to read your blog. and perfectly okay if you never choose to have kids.:)