Monday, July 2, 2007

Whatever happened to passion?

So much is on my heart this morning. I am not a fan of Christian radio but I was flipping through the stations and came upon a Christian song that spoke directly to me. Some of the lyrics were,

Whatever happened to a passion I could live for?
What became of the flame that made me feel more?
And when did I forget that...

I was made to love you.
I was made to find you.
I was made just for you- Made to adore you.
I was made to love - and be loved by you.
You were here before me.
You were waiting on me.
And you said you'd keep me.
Never would you leave me.
I was made to love and be loved by you.

The older I get in my faith- the easier it is to become stagnent. I have the head knowledge- but to be EXCITED about Christ is another matter. On my spiritual walk- lately there are less "mountain top" experiences and more living life in the valley. I yearn for PASSION. I yearn for EXCITEMENT. I want to drown in Christ's love- bask in his glory.

Growing up in the 'Baptist Church' my relationship w/ God often feels more guilt-ridden. I HAVE to do devotions or I feel guilty. A friend challenged me, "Do you think God wants you to feel 'guilted' into a relationship w/ him? Does God want you to spend time w/ him because you HAVE to.....or because you want to?" So, I am learning to let go. It's OK to not be regimented into praying or spending time in His Word. I pray because I WANT to. I read the Bible not every day anymore because I have to. Sometimes I go weeks without going into His Word and then I am HUNGRY to know my Savior and I dive in. It's ok to be emotional about God- not just factual.

I heard the above song on the radio by Toby Mac and the words jumped out at me. I AM made to love him AND be loved by HIM. I adore my God but HE created me for a purpose, a reason and He longs for me as a human being. He has a plan for my life. Wow. I cried in my car as I heard this song. It was reassurance that my God wants to keep me. I AM HIS.... no matter what I am going through- how I mess up- or how 'good' I am being. He loves me NO MATTER WHAT--- without conditions. And then I fall- with reckless abandonment- into His arms and it is SAFE.

No comments: