Thursday, July 5, 2007

Complete and Utter JOY

Psalm 126:3
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Joy is not an emotion; although it can be. It’s more of a state of mind and heart.

God fills me w/ love, life and JOY.

He makes me ALIVE!! Because of Him, I can truly REJOICE!

I am joyful for SO many reasons but all those reasons begin and end with my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has blessed me w/ many wonderful joyful moments that reflect back to Him! A few of them, I pondered below.

-Out West, I was camping with my family at Bryce Canyon. At midnight- we went to the side of the canyon and saw thousands of stars. To serve a Creator like that is AMAZING!!

-I was saved at a young age- but more memorable was my Baptism at 12 years of age. That whole night after I was baptized, I was filled with such peace and joy!

-Good friends- laughing ‘til our sides hurt

-Heart to heart talks

-Realness – in people. Where I’m at in my life- I LOVE people who are genuine!

-Florida- Howard Park Beach! I love driving thru the vegetation just to turn the corner and see ocean waves and blue sky--- it gets me misty eyed every time!

-Disney World- Lynds and I waiting for the park to open- listening to the countdown of the opening to the park that day. We both looked at each other and had so much joy we were crying!

-U.P. of Michigan – sitting on the dock doing devotions w/ Erin and singing praises to our God

-Ludington sunsets with my Sweetie!

-Ludington- driving down the main strip- small town feel – passing bed and breakfasts, hanging flower pots on lamp posts – pure JOY!

-Eating lunch on the wall by the river w/ Terry – talking about nothing and everything

-Pranks w/ Kara (and again- heart to heart talks too!)

-Christmas morning!

-My wedding day with Rick – one of the top joyful moments!

-Playing piano in the nursing home & seeing people w/ alheizhemers/dementia singing to all the old familiar hymns

-Serving God

-Singing praises to God along with 100 other college kids in our Chancel Singers choir

-Our last hurrah FL trip – being w/ friends – Blizzard beach!

-Playing w/ my nieces and nephew

-Being in church- listening to those around me sing - getting goosebumps- feeling the Holy Spirit- thinking this is a little slice of heaven

-My sisters- we’re all so different- yet we get each other

-Watching the Badger come in and waving at all the people on the boat. Everyone is laughing and waving and shouting as the Badger toots its horn.

-My husband’s laugh- then making me laugh

-Being married to my best friend

God has blessed all of us w/ joyful moments…..

Moments that SPARKLE DANCE..... moments made for WORSHIP!!

No comments: